for the first hour and a half. Last year, I was not able to go to the top of the hill because I went to the temple grounds instead. So, first thing this year, I went to the top. I had no idea that the pathway up was so steep!
Then we went into town to the publishing company. I learned where mind your Ps and Qs came from! I could not imagine having to place every single letter into place to print a book! On top of that, the pages were backwards!
Right before the pageant was about to start, a friend wanted to get pizza so I said I would go with him. As we were walking out of our isle, I saw a lady and asked where she was from. She was looking at me trying to figure out if she knew me... so I asked, "Ohio?" She said, "Yes." So, I asked, "Athens?" To this, she also replied yes. I then told her who I was. She is the wife of the branch president in Athens, where I was an investigator. She is also a choreographer for the pageant. Shortly after this, her husband walked over and we had a short discussion. Everyone was scrambling because the pageant was about to start. He asked if I knew a guy from the Athen's Branch but I didn't. He then asked if I wanted to marry him, to which I replied, what? He then asked if I was married and since I
am not he decided I needed to meet him! Don't forget, the pageant about to start! One of the guys in the pageant told me, in two seconds you're going to be a part of the pageant! So, President Moulton went to get into position and I took my seat. I was excited to see him!!
Like always, the pageant was amazing and it was a wonderful trip!
3 comments:
It is a very steep walkway! We went to Palmyra for a winter vacation last year right after christmas. We wanted to see snow. I had been there before during the summer, but Tim had never been there. It was a cold day, and by cold I mean 10 degrees and the wind was blowing kinda hard. Anyway, we he wanted to walk up to the top of the hill. I tried to tell him that it was steep and that we should just drive to the top. But, no. So, up we walked with our 10 month old in her stroller as bundled up as I could make her... needless to say, Tim listened to every suggestion I had after that frigid hike! I should post the pic of it ;)
Yes, you should post it! Think about climbing it when Joseph Smith did... and how many times!
sounds like you had a great time...but you forgot to tell me that you were asked about getting married ..small detail..
mom
Post a Comment