This brings back another memory... after the welcoming ceremony, we "marched" from the convo. center, up a hill, (which I can't think of the name of the road) and through the Ohio University Gateway. (It's known as the Campus Gateway. When you walk through one way it says, "SO ENTER THAT DAILY THOU MAYEST GROW IN KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM, AND LOVE". Then, on the other side, it states, "SO DEPART THAT DAILY THOU MAYEST BETTER SERVE THY FELLOWMEN, THY COUNTRY, AND THY GOD".)

When you got to the top of the hill there were tubs of drinks in front of a building. (I am sad that I can't remember the names of things!) Courtney, whom I met that day, wanted a drink and I said I'd get it for her. I had to climb over a railing and while doing this, I fell backwards. Thank goodness a kid caught me before I hit the ground! Yes, everyone in the freshman class was around! That could've been so much worse!
1 comment:
nice memories....i remember having to leave you there at college..my heart sank,,but you were excited as we unloaded your things..awwww
love mom
Post a Comment