Friday, March 13, 2009

Purim


Purim is a Jewish festival that commemorates the deliverance of the Jewish people of the ancient Persian Empire from Haman's plot to annihilate them, as recorded in the Biblical Book of Ester. They have a carnival and dress up in costumes. Gab wanted to be a Pez dispenser and Josh wanted to be a Hershey Kiss. Ethan picked a costume, a dalmation, that a previous nanny made for Gab. So, it was my job to make the other two costumes. I didn't think it was going to be hard but I needed a working sewing machine. I don't know how to fix the tension on my boss's machine. Thanks to Charity and Dan for letting me use theirs (Charity's). They didn't take long to make but I was glad to finish! Not too bad for my first costumes.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Alana,

I found your blog on Dan and Charity's. Wow, you made these costumes! They look great. Didn't know that was in your job description :) We are almost done with our time here in Indiana and headed to California soon. Thank goodness..it's too cold here and in the middle of nowhere! We have a blog. Send me an e-mail at katiespear@gmail.com and I will invite you so we can keep in touch.

Take care
Katie Spear

Tim, Rachel and our girls said...

"Not too bad," you say... They are amazing!!! How can I top the incredible creations of Alana?!?! Maybe I should have thought about this whole handmade gift thing. I mean I don't think I would have any more pressure than if Martha Stewart herself signed up for my "gift". So, ya, I think you first costumes are pretty awesome ;)

Anonymous said...

are you going to be the next new great designer? those are very cute...wow..what talents you have!!! mom

Alana said...

Thank you you guys!! :)