With that being said, I started to make scrambled eggs this morning. I buy cage free eggs, which isn't as great as I thought. On average, each caged laying hen is afforded only 67 square inches of cage space - less space than a single sheet of letter-sized paper on which to live their entire life. More than likely, their beaks are also cut off. That made me mad but that's another subject. So, I cracked two eggs into a cup and saw something brownish. The egg shells are brown but I knew it wasn't part of the shell. I scooped it out with a spoon to inspect. Yep, it was an embryo! Even writing it, I want to vomit. My boss is a doctor and she inspected the little guy. She informed me, you can make out the eyes. I noticed when I first looked but looked again. Imagine finding this in your breakfast...
1 comment:
you are ruining it for the rest of us who use to like eggs...that is horrible.
Post a Comment