Saturday, February 14, 2009

Appalachia

I have too much time on my hands that I should put to better use. 
This started to be the intro to another blog... but I left it at this...

Last night, after a dance in Queens, a couple of us went to the Menlo Park Diner. This girl drove back with us... she was talking to Chad about guy troubles. She started a story going off what Chad already knew. He wasn't following, so he just told her to start from the beginning.  After seconds, I could tell Chad regretted telling her to start from the beginning. He was just giving the occasional uh huh, yeah, that stinks. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing, not noticeable to the others. 15 minutes later, she's still going on with the story. Chad, easily distracted, says to me M3 and points at the BMW passing. Boys will be boys. Ok, 1st, on the way to Queens, we had a discussion about not listening to others and how he's fallen asleep while I was talking. 2nd, Chad and I are like siblings separated at birth. So, I looked over at him and gave the "you're-the-one-who-told-her-to-start-from-the-beginning-smile". We both started laughing but couldn't keep it quite for long. She then hit him and said you're making fun of me. Which, from the beginning, I was laughing at his reaction and then we were laughing at each other. So, we really weren't making fun of her or what she was talking about. His response was, it's Alana! Thanks Chad! I told her, I was laughing at Chad because of the M3. Which was not a lie. (I might write a blog about trying to stop lying.) I was laughing at Chad and his listening skills. Which brings me to the point of this LONG side story... I am also long winded! I need to leave out the details that I find important but other's just want me to finish the story. :) I also need to just eliminate stories that other's don't care to hear. So, if you finished this blog and thought to yourself, that was a waste of 2 minutes of my life, be grateful you just read it and didn't have to listen to me explain. My stories are a lot more scattered, pointless and long winded when I'm saying them in person! I still hope you enjoy some of them...

No comments: