"Attraversiamo."
He couldn't understand why I liked it so much. Let's cross the street? But to my ear, it's the perfect combination of Italian sounds. The wistful introduction, the rolling trill, the soothing s, that lingering "ee-ah-moh" combo at the end. I love this word. I say it all the time now, I invent any excuse to say it It's making Sofie nuts. Let's cross over! Let's cross over! I'm constantly dragging her back and forth across the crazy traffic of Rome. I'm going to get us both killed with this word.
Giovanni's favorite word in English is half-assed.
Luca Spaghetti's is surrender.
This made me think about Spanish class in high school. There was a sentence, "Tengo una cita con Maria." in the text book and we would say it constantly. My friends, Phillip and Karina, had to memorize paragraphs in French class and would constantly recite them. All through high school these phrases or paragraphs would stick with us.
Anyways, my favorite words in Spanish are matemáticas (math) and pantalones (pants). I enjoy dank je wel (thank you very much) in Dutch. They're just fun for me. Do you have any favorite words or sayings? English or any other language??
This also reminds me of Phillip, "For those of you who don't habla es-pan-ol, el nino is spanish for... THE NINO!" - Chris Farley
No comments:
Post a Comment