Yesterday, I stopped by Target because I had to buy an ink cartridge for the printer. Across the street is the Somerset Patriots Stadium (a professional baseball team). There was a sign in the median that said "Game Today 6:05". Joshua enjoys sports and I thought he would love to see a baseball game on his birthday. After Target, I went to see how much it cost. The most expensive seats were 12 something and it went all the way down to $5 for the lawn section. I gave Bill a call and asked what they were doing for his birthday. They didn't have plans so I told him about the game, figuring he would want to take them. He thought it was a great idea but it was supposed to rain. I left and later Bill and I decided if it didn't rain I could just bring them and get tickets then. So, I ended up taking the kids to see the game.The guy in the ticket booth asked if I had any preferences on where to sit. I didn't care so he said he would give me the best available.
Joshua started asking if they game was over in the first inning. He continued to ask EVERY SINGLE INNING!

They really enjoyed it and there were fireworks afterwards!
(Side note, when we were on our way home, Joshua said the game was missing from the DS. He thought it might have fallen out when it fell out of the van, which I didn't know happened. So, I had to go back to the stadium and guess where I was parked. I pulled into a spot and it was the exact same one!! The game was on the ground, I'm just glad no one ran it over, including myself.)

2 comments:
so did you catch a ball for the kids? xoox mom
No, we were behind the net... I didn't bring my glove... I would've only reached for a ball if it was flying at one of the kids.
Post a Comment