Wednesday, January 14, 2009

1st time to the Temple!











On Saturday, we had a YSA Stake Temple trip. I had been trying to plan it for a couple of months but we didn't have enough people. Jayme really wanted to make it happen, so she took control and asked our wards (Princeton 1st and Princeton 2nd) if anyone would go with us. Jayme and I were the only two YSA in our stake who went.  Chad joined us but he is from another stake. Elder Small, Ben (a married guy), Chad and I did Baptisms. We made it work. Overall, it was a great experience and had a few, so to say, funny situations. 
It's a bad picture, Chad wouldn't stop to let me take any, it was snowing and freezing outside! The one on the right is from the previous weekend... better.
After the temple, we saw Chad's friend Marcel. So, Chad, Marcel and I took the subway back to Penn Station. We didn't have to wait long until the next train departed. While we were sitting on the train, Chad got a call from Christian asking where he was. Christian ended up joining us. We had to move to the very first seat on the train. It was the only thing open. Needless to say, it was a PACKED! Christian was able to get us all rides for free so I still had my ticket. Chad wanted to me join him at the YSA activity so now I had no excuses.
(The conductors were really funny. The one driving said, "The hospital let me out to drive the train but I have to go back." After that comment, the train hit a snow blower. No damage done to the train. Who leaves a snow blower too close to the train tracks?!)
Christian had to work, so he didn't join the three of us. We went to Chad's and then to the YSA ice cream social. I'm glad that I went. It ended up being a lot of fun! The only bad part, I'm not a fan of riding the train at night by myself.

3 comments:

Erin Hoy said...

What a cool experience!!! I'm glad that you got to go to the Temple! Which temple is that? NYC???

Alana said...

Yes, the Manhattan Temple. Hopefully I get endowed soon and can go inside! ;)

Howell said...

Marcel's my friend too! Cool.