Monday, November 9, 2009

Contacts

Today, I went to get contacts. Once upon a time, I owned contacts but did not have luck with getting them in and out. It's kind of necessary to be able to get them out! I would just rub my eyes until they eventually fell out! Yeah, not good!
So, I decided that it's been long enough and I will try again! Practice makes perfect, right?! When I got there, the Dr wasn't even there yet! Then, 6 minutes into it he asked how often I wear my glasses. Ok, I wear there 95% more in NJ than I ever have! I hit a log while driving... it was dark out! I thought it might be a good idea to start wearing them while driving! I had no idea he would be able to tell that I don't wear them! He said something about not making my eyes make an effort to see far... I don't know. Then, he told me I need to just chill! WHAT?!? Yes, I may have a small issue of always wanting to be right. Thats not good when you can't tell what the right letter/number is! Then, he asked me to make "OK" signs with my hands and put the circles together and look through it at the wall. One hole, two eyes, the equation just doesn't come out for me! So, I asked, "Where should I put the circle?" Now, I'm thinking too much. He asked if I was an engineer of some sort. Nope, just a nanny! At one point, he compared me to his 16 year old son! I'm not sure how it related to anything but his son doesn't study all year and come finals he freaks out.... Ok.  Now its time for the hard part, putting them in! He put them in for me. It was a little rough. We tested them and had to lower the left eye's prescription. Now, it's my turn to take them out! Not so easy but not as hard as putting them in! After a few minutes of trying to put the left one in, he said, "You're supposed to do this twice." He was done after the first time!
I got them out with no problem tonight... We'll see how putting them in tomorrow goes! Fingers crossed for me!
Update- Putting them in was still hard! The left eye took 5-10 minutes! Yes, closer to 10 minutes..... The right eye took 3!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i heard where u make a fist and look thru the little tiny hole in in and you can see but i dont get the ok with you fingers..but as long as you like your contacts then the visit was worth all you went through...oxoxo mom

Unknown said...

you got new contacts and i broke my glasses... strange how that works.

Tim, Rachel and our girls said...

It does take a while to get use to contacts... but it does get better! I mean it only took you 3 minutes for the second eye, that's progress! ;) And I'm sorry about the doughnut picture. I found it online, if it's any consolation, I didn't get to eat one either :(

Christina said...

I miss you!