Because I am on a healthy habit challenge, I often tell people, we have any junk food you could possibly want! I don't think they believe me. Today, I was cleaning out the candy cupboard to make room for the Halloween candy and decided to let everyone SEE how much junk there actually is in this house! I should've taken a picture of the freezers! (I cleaned out the kitchen freezer today.) There are 9 different types of ice cream! Yes, 9! 10 boxes of popsicles. I also threw out several boxes of old popsicles. There are 2 types of Italian Ice. 2 tubs of Cool Whip. I would include their dinner items in the junk category also! Boxes of pancakes, mini pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes, cinnamon french toast sticks, muffin tops, egos... I could keep going but you get the point! Don't forget about the baking cupboard, mini candy bars on the shelf in the garage and the huge candy bowl that I didn't take pictures of!
As you can see, there are a lot of sweets! There are bags and boxes of candy on the shelves that you can't tell what they are. Then, the counter is filled with any candy you could really want...
This is the "bread" basket that consists of 3 large bags of chips, brownies, banana bread, maple syrup bagel holes, bagels, donut holes, mallomars, stuff that I can't see or think of but is JUNK! I also made M&M cookies this morning that are now added to this basket and the freezer. (I made them to use the kid's Halloween candy and knew that I could freeze them for later.)
This is the pantry closet that has all of the crackers, syrups, pudding, jello, popcorn, nuts, a HUGE bag of Dum Dums, marshmallows...
Here is the other "pantry" that has so much stuff you can't even see it all! Pick a cereal... I'm sure it's there! Some things you can see and can not see are peanut butter crackers, cheese crackers, big bags of chips, little bags of chips, pretzels, muffins, brownies, cupcakes, coffee cakes, zebra cakes, mini oreos, regular oreos, oreo sticks, dunkaroos, cheese its, gold fish, donuts, nutter butters (I love these!), a couple types of granola bars, rice krispie treats, pop tarts, pudding, different types of cookies. Again, I could continue but you get the point!
You may ask yourself, is there anything nutritious? Yes, but definitely more junk!
Did I mention that I was doing a healthy habit challenge and can't eat any of this?! I'm glad I haven't had any major cravings! :) I guess it's all will power!
P.S. The kids do not eat this all the time! They get 2 snacks for school and a snack after Shabbat (Friday night).
3 comments:
i think im in love....haha ..how do you stay away....i would need a chain on the doors ...
mom
Wow! I am impressed with your will power! You go girl! =)
Thank you! This morning, after writing the entry, I started to crave some junk! :) I resisted!
Post a Comment