Another plane trip! :) I should've said 2008 was the year of flying. I'd never been on a plane until July and now this is going to be my 8th plane ride. I flew to Pittsburgh on the 24th and arrived around 11am. Dad and Terry picked me up from the airport. We went back to their place and hung out until it was time to go to Terry's parent's house. So, technically my step-grandparent's house. Terry has a small family, just one sister, brother-in-law and 2 nieces, one of which wasn't there. It was just the 10 of us. We ate dinner and then opened presents.
I thought I was going to feel extremely awkward the entire time. I just had fun with it and enjoyed my time. (I forgot to mention this was the second time I've met her family... the first time was their wedding years ago.)
When we were getting our presents, Jenny was the Santa. Terry's father is really funny. He wanted to use his knife to open everything, even if he didn't need to. I was very thankful of how welcoming Terry's family was.
On Christmas, we stayed at my dad's house all day. In the morning, we opened our presents.
Kristin and I had to open ours at the same time. We called each other and opened the gift. We both got Garmins! That would be my father, getting his daughters GPS systems. I'm actually very excited about it! I love having one. They make life so much easier. Terry knows me pretty well. She got me a lot of stuff that I really like. My poor dad, he tried to get Terry stuff that she would want. Everything was too small. She liked the stuff... if only it fit. I made my dad a book with pictures of the three of us when we were kids. He cried. It's like the Thom Carter family... who can make mom cry.
Side note, Kristin's dog ate dad's present. 1/2 the bag of coffee beans. How that dog is still alive I have no idea. After we finished opening presents we had lunch and then played Bookopoly, Terry got it from her parent's for Christmas. Terry went out first and I got all of her properties and money. Then, dad and I played FOREVER! We were about even. We are both stubborn and have to win. Finally, I said we could just call it even and he said no. We had to roll to see who had the highest number and that person won. Yeah, that's right... I won! I always win! :)
The next day, Dad and Terry both had to work. I talked my aunt Sue into driving to Jen's to see
me and the baby. Aunt Beth came and picked me up and brought me back to Jen's. The baby is so cute! He was only 3 days old. Jen did not act like she just had a baby!
The trip ended up being a really good one. I was there a short time but enjoyed the time I had to spend with my family. I definitely ate too many cookies. Buckeyes and Peanut Butter Blossoms are a weakness of mine! Hey, it was Christmas!
I forgot to add.. Baba gave me a Christmas card with $39.50 inside. We're not sure why it was that much... she is a funny lady.
1 comment:
Hey! Nice gift you got. Russell always jokes that is what I need...as I always use map quest to get everywhere I need to. Hope you are doing great. Miss you!
Post a Comment