I finished all of the crafts today and it ended up being very expensive, due to the snow globes costing over $50. How ridiculous is that? I had Josh decorate brown paper bags to wrap them in. I forgot to buy wrapping paper and I just wanted to be finished with them! I also wrapped 6 of the presents before I realized I forgot to take pictures of them. You will just have to use your imagination.
Gift number one, since I already mentioned it, snow globes. I was way excited about these! Unfortunately, they did not turn out as planned. I had the worst time trying to create the snow. My first try, I used egg shells. I had to boil 9 eggs and peel the thin layer of film around the shell. It was not fun. The directions also said to fill the jar with mineral oil and add the egg shells. Guess what, it didn't work. I read all of the "How to make a snow globe" articles and tried EVERYTHING! For the liquid, I tried the mineral oil, distilled water, distilled water and mineral oil and distilled water and glycerin. I ended up using distilled water and glycerin. Now, for the snow I tried egg shells, wax, glitter, two types of glass beads, fake snow, pipe cleaners, glitter glue, slivers of glass and more that will come to me later. I used the slivers of glass that cost 9 dollars! As if I will ever use them for anything else! I used a Gerber baby food jar that was the perfect size. The object, I used a sled with their name on it. They are pretty cute, if only the snow was better.
Gift number 2 is a wreath made out of their hands. Gab traced her hand on blue paper and cut it out. I did Ethan's and Josh's for them, Ethan's was also on blue and Josh's was on white. Then, I layered them in a circle. Gab's, the biggest, went first. Josh's, in white, went second. Ethan's went last. Then I cut out a dove and put it at the bottom.
Gift number 3 is a bear with a clear jar stomach that I put chocolate coins in. It is Christmasy but will just have to do.
Gift number 4 is a Hanukiah. Well, actually 3 Hanukiahs. A Hanukiah is what you consider a Menorah. A menorah was used in the past. It only has 7 candles. A Hanukiah has 9 candles, one for each day of Hanukkah and one for the candle to light the other candles. They each panted a wooden board and then wrote Happy Hanukkah and drew pictures on them. I glued nuts (nuts and bolts) to hold the candles. These also turned out really cute.
Gift number 5 (only half way done!) is a Hanukiah made with their hands. I panted their hands and put them on a piece of paper with their thumbs over lapping. It was a quick and easy craft.
Gift number 6 is a heart magnet made out of BLUE candy canes with their picture in the middle. Yes, I know candy canes are a Christmas thing. I told you it was VERY difficult to come up with ideas.
Gift number 7 is a picture frame I made out of salt dough with a Star of David, Draddle and Hanukiah glued on. There are three, one with a picture of each kid. I was also very excited for these and they came out rather cute.
Finally, gift number 8 is... it's hard to remember them all... still thinking... OH! a Star of David candle holder. I glued popsicle sticks together and layered the triangles in the shape of a Star of David. I stacked them 9 high and spray painted them silver. Then I bought blue candles for the middle. These also came out very cute.
Now, that was a lot of work and a lot to remember. It is now time for bed! G'night!
No comments:
Post a Comment