Ok, here are pictures from my trip. I wasn't in the picture taking mood... which is beyond weird for me. I spared you all of the "American" pictures I took. Ethan, while looking through my pictures, asked, "Is it always dark there?" Just when Alana visits. I even enhanced some pictures and you can't tell. Enjoy!

Here is a picture of New York City.

I forgot to add this picture, and the one above this, the first time I posted... a little below the center of the picture is the statue of liberty. I didn't realize that's what I was taking a picture of but was hoping! I was excited when I zoomed in and it actually was! :)

Chicago.

Arriving in Dusseldorf. Say it with the accent. It's fun.

It was just a little cold!

This are the DANGEROUS stairs I would definitely break my neck on if I lived there. They are seriously about 5 inches wide.

At the very large costume store, which reminds me that I have something at 1 to go to. It's 12:10. This is Sinterklaas, a holiday on Dec. 5th. The Black Peter's are like our elves. Their faces would be painted black.

Ok, I couldn't help but take a picture of this and the kid makes it even better! I was in the Netherlands!

Maybe we were hungry!

Ok, some things in Holland are small, whiles others are gigantic! What you see is an egg roll! If only I liked egg rolls.

I'm writing these starting with the last one and going up, so if I say, "I told you everything is small there" and you're thinking I'm crazy, it's because you haven't gotten to it yet. So, with that being said, I told you their houses are small! Look at the size of the fridge, and all of the left overs from Thanksgiving and Chinese food! Speaking of fridges, they do not refrigerate the milk and eggs in the grocery stores. Above the fridge is the microwave. The freezer is out in the shed. (In case you were wondering.)

The building in the background, to the right, is the world's largest indoor sky resort. I'm practically standing in front of my mothers house. I should've hit the slopes.

Where my mother lives. Hers is the very last one on the right. They houses usually are set up with three homes connected. Let me tell you, I could NEVER live there because of how small the living spaces are. I should've taken pictures of different doors. The first thing you do after buying your home is go and buy a front door. They had some beautiful ones. Of course, in this picture you can't see any.

A lot goes on at this intersection.

As you can see, they obey the law... and if you can not see... that is a long line of taxis.

Amsterdam's train station, it's the largest something train station.

This is the harbor in Volendams.

If you look VERY closely, you can see a ferris wheel. This is in Maastricht, my favorite town.

Belgium from the bus.

The oldest train station in Holland. It's made out of Limestone and is so soft you can carve into the walls by using just your nail. I do not suggest vandalizing it like others have.

Cute little town.

My mother and Paul.

You have to have your picture taken in a wooden shoe at least once in your life.

One of the smaller windmills. Look at how crooked the trees are.

Looking down a canal with 7 consecutive bridges. We were inside a covered boat, there is a glare from the window.

This is walking back to the train station in Amsterdam, after getting frites.

This was on my flight back to Chicago. I got the VERY LAST open seat on the plane because I was so late. It was not a window seat, but the two across from me were saved for the flight attendants. I just warmed the window seat up for them.
1 comment:
you know...you could always move to Maastricht..hint hint
Post a Comment