Tuesday, September 1, 2009

25 Random Things

I posted this in Facebook and thought, why not post it here?!

1. I laugh at myself constantly... funny things I'm thinking, events that happen to me, stupid things that come out of my mouth... etc. I do think I'm a funny person. I also laugh for pretty much every emotion. If I'm nervous, scared, happy, confused... yeah I laugh.
2. I enjoy routine. Weekends throw me off track and if I don't go to the gym in the morning I'm more than likely not going to go so I am not a happy camper. I could tell you what I do m-f from 5:50-1:30 every day... very little variation. Unless the kids are off from school/camp.
3. I am a very jumpy person.
4. I love taking great photos! It may not happen very often, but when it does I'm very excited!
5. I erased the first response I had here because it was a little too embarrassing... Instead, you get to know that I named all of my baby dolls Icecube and that I was scared of ants. Also, I was almost kidnapped at Walnut Beach, my grandmother had scars on her arms from the woman... years later, my cousin dated the lady's son.
6. I want to be neighbors with my best friends/sister. I have an image of living on a culdesac with a central playground/pool area. I think it would be just lovely!
7. I am environmentally friendly. I will go out of my way to throw something into a recycling container. I had the family I work for start recycling paper products.
8. I am superstitious... thinking about writing something that has never happened and I don't want to happen makes me worry that now it's going to...
9. July 2008 was the first time I went on an airplane! I was 24! Within the year, I went on 10 flights...
10. I often start singing songs after hearing a phrase or even word that's in a song...
11. I love peanut butter! Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my favorite candy. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards are my favorite Ice Cream. (I love ice cream, especially soft serve!)
12. I'm a dreamer...
13. <-- is my favorite number! I have often used the number 31 because it's 13 flipped!
14. I love to swim. I went to the YMCA for preschool. My first crush was on either Josh Steele or a guy who worked at the pool named Smudge. I once got sunburnt so bad that my shoulder stayed florescent pink for about a year. I really don't think I'm making that up. I'd much rather swim in a pool than water that isn't clear. The first time I saw the ocean was spring break my junior year in college (21) I didn't go in the ocean until I moved to FL (22)
15. I'm not a big fan of chocolate.
16. I sprained both ankles on the night before graduating from college. My mother was not happy with me...
17. If I lived in the Pittsburgh area and could afford it, I would want Steeler's season tickets. I love them! I grew up watching them and would have friends over every Sunday to watch the games... if only I had friends in NJ!
18. My dad, sister and brother-in-law call me Al, which I sometimes use to sign things.
19. We had a lot of pets growing up. Out of all of those pets, I had one... which was never actually mine. It was a cat who came to our house one day and I fed a few times, named him snowball and then he "ran away". Then, in college, I had a dog, Tucker, that my father made me get rid of after I graduated. I still miss him!
20. I once ate a bouillon cube because I thought it was gum. I am a picky eater and I do not eat red meat. I once ordered off the kids' menu on a date... that does not score you points!
21. I am very competitive. I started playing softball (t-ball) in preschool. My tennis coach, in high school, made me sit in time out. (I don't think I listened)
22. I love ICE water. I hate when ice tastes bad! YUCK! I won't eat the ice in this house... and that makes me sad.
23. This has taken me way too long to finish! If I could, I would buy houses and flip them. I would go back to school for architectural design but don't see the point in getting two BAs instead of a masters. There are a lot of things I would go back to school for... I just don't know which one area I would get the most out of... this is the 2nd biggest stress in my life.
24. I want a white english bulldog with one spot. I am a picky person. I would love to live in San Diego, I love being tan! I've always wanted a stucco house... There were very few in the town I lived in but any time I saw one I wanted it! Then I moved to FL.
25. I wish I could wear contacts instead of glasses. If I don't have my glasses on, I just can't see very well. I have cysts and even with weighted contacts, they come off the iris (I think that's what it's called) They're also more expensive than regular contacts! Another problem, I can't take them out. You know when you first get them and have to sit down and go over how to put them in, take them out, clean them etc... I took a long long time to get them out... then when I got home, I would just rub my eyes vigorously until they fell out! I lost 7 contacts in 1 week... that was the end of that.
I'M FINALLY FINISHED!

2 comments:

Tim, Rachel and our girls said...

I think that might have been the funniest post I've ever read! But, number 5... well, that's just crazy!

Anonymous said...

alana..you make me smile~~
xoxoxox
mom