Monday, September 7, 2009

Sea Isle City 2009

I'm not in the mood to write... this is mostly pics! I spent the last week of summer in Sea Isle City with my nanny family. Overall, it was a good trip!

In the distance, you can see Ocean City (in the middle) and Atlantic City (to the right).

Nothing like blue lips and sand in the ear!

They are putting sand back on the beach... 24/7. As we sat on the beach, a bulldozer would drive past...

It was a little windy...

An early morning walk on the beach...

This was my favorite thing about the week! Sitting on the deck, studying my scriptures with an ice cold glass of water! I LOVED it!

I took the boys on a walk and stopped to take a picture of Smile You're in Sea Isle City.

We went to Ocean City several days. There is a boardwalk and an amusement park... of course that's the kids' favorite thing!
Trying to be Elvis.

You can see Ethan and Joshua in the background.




This was one of my favorites growing up! It was The Log Run at Geauga Lake. The first day we went to the amusement park, Bill, Josh, Gab and Ethan all rode on this.



Ethan is a trooper! Josh is the one who gets scared... and Ellen as she worries about Ethan!



























Gab and I about to be shot into the air... this is the only ride I went on. However, I love amusement parks! One of these days, I'm going to make it to Six Flags!

We went to the Wetlands Institute in Stone Harbor. First, we went on a "safari". Everything I want to write, I can't remember 100%! There was a marsh with one of the largest Laughing Gull populations in the world. A marsh only has water during a full moon and something else.... and no trees, unless it's disturbed. You could go to an observation tower which has a very tall spiraling staircase. I hate ladder type things! I did not realize how high it was until I kept going and going and going... then I had to go back down... which is the hard part!







Before we left, Gabrielle wanted to take a family picture. We were all loaded into the van... then they remembered.

1 comment:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Looks like fun! I love the picture on the ride, you look like you are laughing. I miss your laugh!