Sunday, October 19, 2008

Embarrassing!

Just a quick note... 
On friday, I was beyond embarrassed!  Forgetting that the cleaning lady was upstairs, I turned on the alarm and left the house.  When Ethan and I were getting in the van, he asked what the sound was.  I just said it was a car alarm and hurried him into the van.  On the way to his school, Ellen texted me.  It said, "Alarm went off. Police were dispatched. Please go home after you drop off Ethan."  Of course, after I received the text, I was caught by a train and then a funeral procession. I dropped off Ethan and went back to the house.  The alarm was still going off.  I went in, turned it off and looked in the kitchen at two police officers.  Oh man.  They were both really nice about it.  One was really cute but probably in his 40s.  The other officer said, "The cleaning lady doesn't speak a lick of english.  I yelled at her, GET OUT, over and over again but she just kept cleaning!  I was going to have to arrest her to get her to leave! She was definitely a trooper and just kept cleaning."  Then he asked, "Did you just forget she was coming?"  I should've said "Yeah, that's it!"  Instead, I said, "I forgot she was upstairs."  I'm so glad that you get 6 free false alarms a year!  How many have they had in the 10 years they've lived here... you've guess it!  ONE!  All because of me.  So, I left right after the police left and there were 5 neighbors out front "walking their dogs".  The next door neighbor asked what happened....   Let's just hope this never happens again!

1 comment:

Shawna Jo said...

I dont mind 40 year old men..you should have hooked me up sista! haha. That is very embarrassing.. i thought my story was..you got me on that one..