Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sock Hop

Positive, positive, positive... as Shawna told me, never write anything negative.  It's the good that you will remember.  Guess what, I'm not always the most positive person, but I will try.
First off, I would like to know where all of my outgoingness has gone.  In high school, I was much more outgoing and would say everything I felt or show my crazy side.  In college, some people saw that outgoing side of me but I became much more reserved.  Now, where has that fun side gone?  It never comes out anymore.   The goofy Alana, that will look like a fool because she's having fun, is gone.  Well, she's not gone, she just needs to come back to life.  Quick story... There was this kid in college who came around and I tried to hide from.  One night, he came over and decided to try to get me to show my fun side.  So, we went outside and he started screaming. He wanted me to not care about what was going on around me and just enjoy what I was doing.  I should've learned something from him.  Live in the moment.  Say what I feel and enjoy life.  Unfortunately, I didn't....
Overall, the dance last night was fun. Shawna and I listened to Greese on the way.  It got our 50s side ready to party. Shawna wore her Pink Ladies outfit and I was in my, Alana made,
poodle skirt. I must say, we both looked cute and fit our costumes!  The majority of people were dressed up and everyone looked great!  There was a cute little "Soda Shop" set up in the corner with cookies, hotdogs and ice cream.  Everyone was dancing and enjoying themselves. I need to not care and get on the floor and dance.  My grandmother always wanted me to take dance lessons, I should've done it!!  Shoulda, woulda, coulda.  Hey, it's never too late to learn right?!  I just need to do it and of course find the money for it.  I'm glad I got to dress up and meet new people!  That part is always fun!!

1 comment:

Shawna Jo said...

Im glad you stayed positive..haha. I really am ready for another dance. But can still feel it in my legs..ouch!