Monday, October 13, 2008

Terhune Orchard

What did I do at work today you ask? Well, the kids only had a half day of school because it's Sukkot.  (Sukkot is a Biblical pilgrimage festival and harvest festival. It lasts 7 days.)

So, I decided to take them to the orchard to pick some apples. When we got there, they were having a festival. There was a band playing and several different things for the kids to do.  They could go pumpkin picking but they went last weekend so we just pretended...

Then, we walked over to the corn maze. Hidden in the maze were 5 wooden apples which they found. We took pictures with all of the scarecrows that were also in the maze. On the other side of the farm, was a Johnny Appleseed adventure. It was super cute! 

We took pictures on an old wagon and tractors, fed the ram and pet the horse.  When we were leaving, I made them take pictures with some pumpkins.  I must say, even though we didn't get to pick apples, it was a good day!  

                                                   

No comments: